COVID-19 Update

August 10, 2020

Your union is working for YOU. 

We are driving solutions for the government to keep our industry going through Stage 4 restrictions in Victoria, but at the end of the day, the decision is theirs, not ours.

While the office is closed, our members department is working and here to help.

Call us (03) 9341 3444

Part of protecting you is having safety nets.

Here are yours:

Incolink (Income Protection)
Cbus (Superannuation)
CoINVEST (Long Service Leave)

If you are stood down:

• You have the option of applying for any annual leave owing, this will be paid directly by your employer.

• If your site closes or you are stood down due to COVID-19 restrictions, you can access the Incolink COVID-19 payment. You can apply for the Incolink Covid-19 payment of $2,000 per month or $1,000 per month for apprentices, providing your account balance covers the amount being claimed.
You will need to re-apply every 28 days here:

If you are made Redundant:

• In the case you are made redundant, you can claim up to $8,000 a month through your Incolink redundancy entitlement, providing your account balance covers the amount being claimed. You need to re-apply every 28 days here:

Other entitlements you may be eligible for:

• If your employer is eligible, you may be entitled to a JobKeeper payment of $1,500 per fortnight. Speak to your employer to see if this option is available.

• If you are self-employed, speak directly to the ATO to see if you are eligible for JopKeeper:

• In the case that you find yourself out of work you can apply for JobSeeker. If you are eligible you can receive $1,100 per fortnight.
Apply here: 

Early super withdrawal:
• $10,000 is available to withdraw until December 31st. Please consider this option carefully. Apply through 
(If you don’t have $10,000 in your account, you can access what you have but it’s important to understand that if you take out the balance of your superannuation you will lose all your insurances and effectively close your account down. This means when you go back to work you will have no Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance.)

To learn more, go to: or discuss your options with a VIC Cbus coordinator on 1300 361 784.
Or contact the ATO to confirm your eligibility for early super withdrawal here:

Long Service Leave:
• All construction workers within the state of Victoria are covered by the CoINVEST Long Service Leave scheme. If you have accrued 7 years of service with CoINVEST and have more than 5 days of service in your account you may apply to claim your long service leave. You are only eligible if you have at least 7 years accrued service with CoINVEST.

You can check your balance and claim online – log in or register here

Our priority is YOU.
Stay Safe, Stay Strong.