Lockdown extended, capacity on sites to 25%
The Victorian Government has reduced capacity on large construction sites to 25% or five workers on site (whichever is higher). Critical infrastructure and emergency repairs can continue.
- A curfew will be imposed from 9pm to 5am. Authorised workers are permitted to travel to and from work even when the curfew is in place.
- Apply a density quotient of one person per four square metres at all sites. Staffing reductions apply, except for critical infrastructure and emergency repairs.
- The Victorian Government has reduced capacity on large construction sites to 25% or five workers on site (whichever is higher).
From 11:59pm on Tuesday August 17:
- Authorised workers living in Melbourne will be required to carry permits when working and travelling for work. This includes apprentices training with an Authorised Provider or
- Permits need to be certified by an employer
- Victorians living in regional Victoria and entering metropolitan Melbourne for authorised work must also obtain a permit.